I play the cello.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blog Whored: Katja/ paperstarfruit


I want to go to New York. Yesterday, it was a fact. I never thought I'd want to go to New York. It sort of feels like my family's evolution. We went from the old country (which was a bunch of countries, in actuality), to New York. Then my parents went from New York to Texas. From Texas, my parents wound up in California. It is my ultimate goal to find my way back to the old country (like I said, are actually a bunch of countries), but for now I want to go to New York. I feel like I'm regressing in my family's ideals, but that's not actually a bad thing.


Since I'm not in New York, or the old country, I settle for here. I have friends here. I have my imagination. So, sometimes the weather is nice enough to let me forget I hate the weather here. I go on adventures with friends, usually Jeanie or Katja. This adventure was with Katja. We went to this wildlife preserve/ housing area/ beach walking path to take pictures. Well, we went there so Katja could take pictures of me.


In her blog, Katja raved about me. My favorite line of the entire post dedicated entirely to me was, "Astrid is the person who got me interested in fashion. She introduced me to this whole new world, this subculture, to this whole fashion blogosphere." Some people may know, but my favorite thing to do is introduce people to the internet. I am quickly finding out that another joyful experience is teaching people to be as excited about fashion as I am. Katja started blogging and became interested in fashion because of me. It's in writing!



Yesterday I didn't feel too lively. It translated into my outfit, which consisted of black Clarks' heels, dark blue tights from TJ Maxx, a dark green and blue striped skirt from Gap, and a dark purple sweater from Gap. Katja was one of the people who tried to turn my day around, and succeeded for a time. During lunch she bought me a cookie, and then after school we had this adventure. My heels were covered in mud by the time we finished. We are hardcore art, fashion, and nature enthusiasts. Well, she is.

I love Katja. I love days when I can enjoy my home. I love the prospect of leaving, even if I am scared.

No comments: