I play the cello.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Forget spring fever.

Many of my school friends are just beginning to feel the senior fever. It is finally clicking that this is our last year in high school, most of the plans we can make for our future have been planned, and everything we know is going to change. It took them so long.

I am itching, itching to leave home. I know I shouldn't. I know I should treasure this time left in school, but I simply cannot. I know I am going to regret rushing through the end of high school when there are so many opportunities to make now better. I feel like I can't do this anymore.

High School Experience:
Freshman year made me a victim of abuse and hormonal changes.
Sophomore year put me into a pit of depression and confusion.
Junior year was coming back to humanity.
Senior year is my first real attempt at being who I can be, who I should be.

Middle school was such a long time ago. It's weird to remember there was life before puberty. Before birth control came along to halt my menstruation-induced sickness, heartless people, and my run-in with Harry Potter fanfiction. There was a time when I was filled with school spirit, and I was popular.

Now I'm not so popular, but it also isn't so bad. I have friends. I have a personality. I have plans. Oh, the places we'll go. In middle school, we called ourselves the class of '06. Now we have sweatshirt and various other apparel to prove we're the first graduating class of the decade.

The rest of life is just in sight, but that shouldn't trivialize where I sit now.  Whilst I stare at my prospects and try to still face reality, I pray for  no surgery. Please, please no surgery.

When I need giggles, I read this post. 

1 comment:

Desired Youth said...

how exciting! Senior year...are you excited about colleges?