I play the cello.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Things You Might Not Know:

1. Instead of a backpack, I use a messenger bag for school. It is bright yellow and says "Reading Is Sexy" which makes me sad because I don't read as often as I should.

2. I read and wrote a lot in my freshmen year, I read a lot in my sophomore year, and I barely read and wrote very little in my junior year. I am try, very hard, to read and write more often. I got through the first three chapters of Jane Eyre tonight, and it is quite an accomplishment.

3. My absolute favorite chore is doing my laundry. I refuse to do laundry for other people, and I hate when other people do my laundry. I was my hands after I touch my dirty clothing. But, the thrilling part is when I get to take the lint out of the screen in the dryer. I become far too excited about lint.

4. I painted a cup with a Purple Hippo and hearts on it.

5. I am very obsessive and compulsive, but the type where things have to feel right. I will hate you in you sneeze into your hands. I count when pouring water into bowls and glasses. When I grow up and live on my own, I will count my blessings every day for being able to keep my home the way it should be kept.

6. I think I'm cooler because I was an internet child. I understand the format of HTML, though I can't write it myself. I have spent years being a blogger. I can navigate forums, and have been a moderator on two forums. I have dear  friends all over the world who I met through the internet.

7. My favorite food is toast.

8. I am a tea snob. On a regular basis, I drink Yorkshire Tea.

9. I eat at least one apple every day.

10. People tell me I am clingy and needy. I am because I have low self-esteem. I don't like doing things on my own, and I like being guided through things because I don't trust myself to do anything right. I think the only true confidence I have is when I blog, but I can't even vlog.

11. I swear a lot.

12. My sense of smell is practically nonexistent. I have very sensitive hearing, but when I'm in a group of people I always find t difficult to hear. I have 20/ 13 vision (and that's why you should have voted me for "best" eyes.)

13. As a little girl, m favorite color was purple, but then I told myself to like blue because it was a more popular color.

14. I have always loved red hair. When I was little I would become entranced my hair dye commercials, the woman with the red hair and green eyes. I have also always loved freckles. When I was little, I would point out the light sprinkling of freckles on my nose to anyone who cared to look.

15. I used to carry around stuffed animals in public very frequently, but then I stopped. I realized it was bad for me to find it completely socially acceptable to carry around a stuffed elephant the size of my torso. I also used to talk to myself, not very often, but I did. I also stopped doing that because I knew it was abnormal.

16. A few years ago I counted the books I had. There were over three-hundred.

17. A year ago today, a boy asked me to be his girlfriend. I said really instead of yes, so then he said nevermind. Then he asked me again and I said yes.

18. Every year, our neighbors used to take us to see The Nutcracker. They have both died. But, I think it was in third grade, my dad and I were watching the orchestra pit when I heard a sound I loved. I asked him what instrument it was, and after a few minutes of trying to discern which I was referring, he told me it was a cello. In fifth grade when orchestra was offered in school, I cried and tried to not let anyone see.

19. I still receive holiday cards from my elementary school teachers. One has two kids, and when she was my teacher I caught her kissing her boyfriend on a school field trip. She ended up marrying him. 

20. I am terrified of birds. I especially hate pigeons and sea gulls, which many people are aware of. But, my most hated bird is the chicken. A chicken once bit my hand, and I think that started my phobia. When I became a vegetarian, I considered eating chicken one last time, out of spite.

21. I am terrified of goats and sheep. To this day, I cry when I go into a petting zoo. Like, seriously.




No comments: